Subject: [PATCH 24/43] rtnetlink: validate attributes in do_setlink()

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 09:25:19 -0700

[ Upstream commit 644c7eebbfd59e72982d11ec6cc7d39af12450ae ]

It seems that rtnl_group_changelink() can call do_setlink
while a prior call to validate_linkmsg(dev = NULL, ...) could
not validate IFLA_ADDRESS / IFLA_BROADCAST

Make sure do_setlink() calls validate_linkmsg() instead
of letting its callers having this responsibility.

With help from Dmitry Vyukov, thanks a lot !

BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in is_valid_ether_addr include/linux/etherdevice.h:199 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in eth_prepare_mac_addr_change net/ethernet/eth.c:275 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in eth_mac_addr+0x203/0x2b0 net/ethernet/eth.c:308
CPU: 1 PID: 8695 Comm: syz-executor3 Not tainted 4.17.0-rc5+ #103
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x185/0x1d0 lib/dump_stack.c:113
 kmsan_report+0x149/0x260 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:1084
 __msan_warning_32+0x6e/0xc0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:686
 is_valid_ether_addr include/linux/etherdevice.h:199 [inline]
 eth_prepare_mac_addr_change net/ethernet/eth.c:275 [inline]
 eth_mac_addr+0x203/0x2b0 net/ethernet/eth.c:308
 dev_set_mac_address+0x261/0x530 net/core/dev.c:7157
 do_setlink+0xbc3/0x5fc0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:2317
 rtnl_group_changelink net/core/rtnetlink.c:2824 [inline]
 rtnl_newlink+0x1fe9/0x37a0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:2976
 rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0xa32/0x1560 net/core/rtnetlink.c:4646
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x378/0x600 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2448
 rtnetlink_rcv+0x50/0x60 net/core/rtnetlink.c:4664
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1310 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x1678/0x1750 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1336
 netlink_sendmsg+0x104f/0x1350 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1901
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:629 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:639 [inline]
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xec0/0x1310 net/socket.c:2117
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2155 [inline]
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2164 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2162 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x331/0x460 net/socket.c:2162
 do_syscall_64+0x152/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
RIP: 0033:0x455a09
RSP: 002b:00007fc07480ec68 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007fc07480f6d4 RCX: 0000000000455a09
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 00000000200003c0 RDI: 0000000000000014
RBP: 000000000072bea0 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00000000ffffffff
R13: 00000000000005d0 R14: 00000000006fdc20 R15: 0000000000000000

Uninit was stored to memory at:
 kmsan_save_stack_with_flags mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:279 [inline]
 kmsan_save_stack mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:294 [inline]
 kmsan_internal_chain_origin+0x12b/0x210 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:685
 kmsan_memcpy_origins+0x11d/0x170 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:527
 __msan_memcpy+0x109/0x160 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:478
 do_setlink+0xb84/0x5fc0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:2315
 rtnl_group_changelink net/core/rtnetlink.c:2824 [inline]
 rtnl_newlink+0x1fe9/0x37a0 net/core/rtnetlink.c:2976
 rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0xa32/0x1560 net/core/rtnetlink.c:4646
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x378/0x600 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2448
 rtnetlink_rcv+0x50/0x60 net/core/rtnetlink.c:4664
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1310 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x1678/0x1750 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1336
 netlink_sendmsg+0x104f/0x1350 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1901
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:629 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:639 [inline]
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xec0/0x1310 net/socket.c:2117
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2155 [inline]
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2164 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2162 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x331/0x460 net/socket.c:2162
 do_syscall_64+0x152/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
Uninit was created at:
 kmsan_save_stack_with_flags mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:279 [inline]
 kmsan_internal_poison_shadow+0xb8/0x1b0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:189
 kmsan_kmalloc+0x94/0x100 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:315
 kmsan_slab_alloc+0x10/0x20 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:322
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:446 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2753 [inline]
 __kmalloc_node_track_caller+0xb32/0x11b0 mm/slub.c:4395
 __kmalloc_reserve net/core/skbuff.c:138 [inline]
 __alloc_skb+0x2cb/0x9e0 net/core/skbuff.c:206
 alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:988 [inline]
 netlink_alloc_large_skb net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1182 [inline]
 netlink_sendmsg+0x76e/0x1350 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1876
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:629 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:639 [inline]
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xec0/0x1310 net/socket.c:2117
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2155 [inline]
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2164 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2162 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x331/0x460 net/socket.c:2162
 do_syscall_64+0x152/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

Fixes: e7ed828f10bd ("netlink: support setting devgroup parameters")
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Reported-by: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dmitry Vyukov <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/core/rtnetlink.c | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/core/rtnetlink.c b/net/core/rtnetlink.c
index bc290413a49d..824b32936e75 100644
--- a/net/core/rtnetlink.c
+++ b/net/core/rtnetlink.c
@@ -2245,6 +2245,10 @@ static int do_setlink(const struct sk_buff *skb,
 	const struct net_device_ops *ops = dev->netdev_ops;
 	int err;
 
+	err = validate_linkmsg(dev, tb);
+	if (err < 0)
+		return err;
+
 	if (tb[IFLA_NET_NS_PID] || tb[IFLA_NET_NS_FD] || tb[IFLA_IF_NETNSID]) {
 		struct net *net = rtnl_link_get_net_capable(skb, dev_net(dev),
 							    tb, CAP_NET_ADMIN);
@@ -2608,10 +2612,6 @@ static int rtnl_setlink(struct sk_buff *skb, struct nlmsghdr *nlh,
 		goto errout;
 	}
 
-	err = validate_linkmsg(dev, tb);
-	if (err < 0)
-		goto errout;
-
 	err = do_setlink(skb, dev, ifm, extack, tb, ifname, 0);
 errout:
 	return err;
-- 
2.17.1