Subject: [PATCH 28/38] net: dsa: bcm_sf2: Fix unbind ordering

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 16:48:57 -0700

[ Upstream commit bf3b452b7af787b8bf27de6490dc4eedf6f97599 ]

The order in which we release resources is unfortunately leading to bus
errors while dismantling the port. This is because we set
priv->wol_ports_mask to 0 to tell bcm_sf2_sw_suspend() that it is now
permissible to clock gate the switch. Later on, when dsa_slave_destroy()
comes in from dsa_unregister_switch() and calls
dsa_switch_ops::port_disable, we perform the same dismantling again, and
this time we hit registers that are clock gated.

Make sure that dsa_unregister_switch() is the first thing that happens,
which takes care of releasing all user visible resources, then proceed
with clock gating hardware. We still need to set priv->wol_ports_mask to
0 to make sure that an enabled port properly gets disabled in case it
was previously used as part of Wake-on-LAN.

Fixes: d9338023fb8e ("net: dsa: bcm_sf2: Make it a real platform device driver")
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/dsa/bcm_sf2.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/bcm_sf2.c b/drivers/net/dsa/bcm_sf2.c
index 48de089dd9c8..0132921f408a 100644
--- a/drivers/net/dsa/bcm_sf2.c
+++ b/drivers/net/dsa/bcm_sf2.c
@@ -1264,10 +1264,10 @@ static int bcm_sf2_sw_remove(struct platform_device *pdev)
 {
 	struct bcm_sf2_priv *priv = platform_get_drvdata(pdev);
 
-	/* Disable all ports and interrupts */
 	priv->wol_ports_mask = 0;
-	bcm_sf2_sw_suspend(priv->dev->ds);
 	dsa_unregister_switch(priv->dev->ds);
+	/* Disable all ports and interrupts */
+	bcm_sf2_sw_suspend(priv->dev->ds);
 	bcm_sf2_mdio_unregister(priv);
 
 	return 0;
-- 
2.17.2